summary question for functions and libraries

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Oct 13 00:08:23 EDT 2014

On 10/12/2014, 10:29 PM, larry at significantplanet.org wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the info on libraries and backscripts, etc.
>
> I feel like I'm back in college taking an intensive class.
>
> If I understand everyone correctly, I could do this if I want my
> functions to work in a standalone:
>
> Make a stack that has a button (or the stack itself, right?) with all my
> functions in it.
>
> Then just add (copy) that stack as a sub-stack to whatever application
> I'm working on - say stack "larryLibrary"
>
> That way all my functions are available to me as I develop and also
> available when I create the standalone.
>
> Have I got it right?

Yup, except for the last critical step: you have to tell the engine to
actually use the script. If it's in the stack script, you can use either
one of these statements:

    start using stack "larryLibrary"
OR
    insert script of stack "larryLibrary" into back

If the script is in a button, you have to use the insert syntax:

    insert script of button "larryScript" of stack "larryLibrary" into back

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com