problem with counting words

larry at significantplanet.org larry at significantplanet.org
Sun Oct 12 16:04:21 EDT 2014

Hi Terry,
Here is the real problem.  I don't know much.
I'm sitting here assuming that a word is a word, regardless of whether it is
inside quotes.
Now I find out there is trueword.  It's just hard for me to reconcile
LiveCode's boast of "simple English" and stuff like this.
The other thing I don't understand is this:  Is there any way to search the
dictionary on the text of the dictionary and not just on the keywords?
If there is a way to do that, I don't know how.  It would help a lot.
Thanks,
Larry
P.S. That would be a cool thing if they added a wordDel function.  It would
be REALLY cool if people could write their own functions and then add them
to their personal LC dictionary.  Probably there is a way to do that, but
again, I don't know how.