problem with counting words

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Oct 12 15:37:11 EDT 2014

On 10/12/2014, 1:17 PM, larry at significantplanet.org wrote:
> btw, I spoke to a programmer friend of mine (who used to work for
> Novell) and he said he'd never heard anything like that in the
> several programming languages he knows.

It's been in x-talk since HyperCard.

BTW, the "trueword" token was introduced as part of the unicode
implementation, so you'll only see it in LC version 7.0. When we all
adopt that version, we will be able to choose between the "logical" word
boundaries (trueword) and the historical boundaries (the HyperCard
method, which also includes punctuation as part of words.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com