Is this a bug or am I missing something?

John john at onechip.com
Thu Oct 9 15:10:27 EDT 2014

Jaque,

   While this may be the case in general, when the menubar script is:

on mouseDown
     put the long name of the focusedObject & return & return & the focusedObject into field "results"
end mouseDown

The first part of the put (the long name of the focusedObject) results in a card on the main stack being written to the “results” field and the second part of the put (the focusedObject) results in the field on the sub stack being written to the “results” field.  If I change the script to:

on mouseDown
  local theObject
  put the focusedObject into theObject
  put the long name of theObject & return & return & theObject into field "results"
end mouseDown

The execution changes and the “result” field displays the same object (the field on the subs tack) for both halves of the put being written to the “results” field albeit in a different format.

   This is leading me to the conclusion, perhaps incorrectly, that the focusedObject is changing during the execution of the first single line script.  It may be doing the same thing in the second script as well but it is not seen because the focusedObject is being placed in a variable.

Thanks,
John