Is this a bug or am I missing something?

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Thu Oct 9 14:26:35 EDT 2014

I did not try this from a menu, but it works as advertised from an ordinary button.

Craig

On Oct 8, 2014, at 22:02 , John <john at onechip.com> wrote:

>   I have found a circumstance where "the long name of the focusedObject” and
“the focusedObject” refer to different objects in the same line of a script.
The line is: “ put the long name of the focusedObject & return & return & the
focusedObject into field “results” “.  This is the only line in a mouseDown
handler of the menubar group script.

>   If anyone is interested, a very simple stack that demonstrates this is
available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4cc7j7i06r18r6b/Test%20stack.livecode?dl=0
.  You may have to remove the “.txt” from the end of the file that is
downloaded.

>   Is there a circumstance where the "name of the focusedObject" and "the
focusedObject" should refer to different objects?  This is happening in LC 7 RC2
under 10.9.5.

> Thanks,
> John

preferences: