DataGrid again

Terence Heaford t.heaford at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 8 16:25:07 EDT 2014

I have managed to get the data grid to resize using this script from an earlier post I made on a similar subject.

This resizes the data grid on the last message , deleting the earlier ones (see script below).

I wonder if the reason it was not working is because the redrawing of the data grid could not keep up with the resizeStack messages?

Does this sound plausible as there are a lot of items in the build-up of a data grid? (RunRev, can we have a native data grid please).

The data grid in question is 8 columns (2 hidden) and 20 rows plus the header row.

As the data is supplied by the GetDataForLine pLine, at pDataA, I presume the data grid asks for the data all over again as the number of rows may have increased or decreased.
This would again add more overhead in redrawing.
Does this also sound plausible? (RunRev, can we have a native data grid please).

---------------------
on resizeStack tWidth,tHeight
   repeat for each line aLIne in the pendingMessages
      if aLine contains "doResizeStack" then cancel item 1 of aLine
   end repeat
   send doResizeStack to me in 1 milliseconds
end resizeStack
---------------------
on doResizeStack
   put the width of stack "THFinancials" into tSW
   put the left of group "tranTable" into tGL
   put tSW - tGL into tGW
   set the width of group "tranTable" to tGW
   set the left of group "tranTable" to tGL
end doResizeStack

All the best

Terry