Using The iOS 8 Simulator

Paul Hibbert paulhibbert at mac.com
Wed Oct 8 00:44:32 EDT 2014

Jim,

I am using the same setup as you, my iMac is a bit old though, it's a 2009 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. I found that launching the simulator first helps me a lot, I've now added it to the dock next to the ever changing LC dock icon.

When I launch the simulator I wait for the home screen to show then check the Hardware > Device menu is correct before choosing "test" in LC then everything seems to work OK, if I just rely on hitting "test" in LC without launching the simulator first it usually just times out after several messages.

I notice that even launching the simulator on it's own takes for ever so once it's running I'll leave it open in the background for more testing if I think I need it.

If you want me to try any tests, just ask.

Paul