from here to there

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 04:58:51 EDT 2014

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Simon <simon at asato-media.com> wrote:
> OK, then what is this?
>
>    put "this is a sentence" into temp
>    if the number of chars of temp >= 1 then put the last char of temp

Well I barely passed English so again, Richmond is the one to give us
the explanation of the correct grammar, but to me it makes perfect
sense and why I like the 'English like' language that LC uses.

In the previous posts we are specifying a specific start point and end
point so use the singular, but in this case you are really interested
in multiple chars/words/etc so the plural does seem to make sense to
me. So LC does provide the plural variant when it is needed to keep
the syntax English like.

find chars "dog cow" in fld "Claris History"
if "HyperCard" is among the words of myThesis then beep
sort lines of myListofNames by word -1 of each --sorts names by surname

Note: although the Dictionary has no entry for 'tokens', it's an
oversight as it works just like the others.

HTH