how to detect insertion point

mikedoub at gmail.com mikedoub at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 22:47:14 EDT 2014

What about exitfield?

Mike

  Original Message
From: larry at significantplanet.org
Sent: Sunday, October 5, 2014 10:45 PM
To: How to use LiveCode
Reply To: How to use LiveCode
Subject: Re: how to detect insertion point

Thanks Kay,
For some reason, neither focusIn nor focusOut works.
I can get what I want with openField but I haven't found anything that works
when the focus is no longer on the field; focusOut doesn't work and neither
does closeField (because closeField only works if the user changed the
contents of the field)
So I'm just here tearing my hair out!
Larry