How to I flatten a Hypercard stack (now Livecode) from cards and backgrounds to just cards?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Oct 5 16:18:41 EDT 2014

On 10/5/2014, 1:52 PM, Francis Nugent Dixon wrote:
> Kee Nethery says that he wants to remove backgrounds in a stack
> “to bring it into the modern era” Can anybody explain this statement ?
>
> What does this mean ? Is the background mechanism dying, or even
> being dropped ?

No, nothing has changed. I think what Kee meant was that he didn't want
to specify "card field" or "background button" when referring to those
objects. In HC that was required but in LC doesn't need those longer
references. You can refer to a card field just as "field" and LC will
still find it.

The HCAddressing property controls whether card fields and background
buttons need to be referenced specifically by their owner locations. All
HC stacks are imported with HCAddressing set to true. If you set the
HCAddressing to false, the requirement no longer applies, and the
controls will be found just as they are in native LC stacks.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com