How to I flatten a Hypercard stack (now Livecode) from cards and backgrounds to just cards?

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 5 14:52:50 EDT 2014

Hi from Beautiful Brittany,

I’m confused !

Kee Nethery says that he wants to remove backgrounds in a stack
“to bring it into the modern era” Can anybody explain this statement ?

What does this mean ? Is the background mechanism dying, or even
being dropped ? I understand that many stacks (an old Hypercard term)
have only one “card” (an old Hypercard term) , as they represent an
application driven from a single window. But what is “not modern”
about a background ? We may have made hyperspace jumps with
LiveCode since Hypercard brought in the mecanization of Rolodex
type data, but I assume that the concept is still “on the cards”
(sorry, I mean “in multiple app windows”).

Not overly worried, as I have decided to stop programming and stop
motor-biking, when I hit 80 (after 60 years of both), as  I think I
will have found something new to do !!  But nevertheless ……..

-Francis