Merging PDF files through LC

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 11:23:34 EDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 8:01 PM, Magicgate Software - Skip Kimpel <
skip at magicgate.com> wrote:

> Getting it to work, probably not that hard.  Distributing it with your
> application, that's a whole other issue.

Actually, it's allowed and straightforward; I'm thinking of the mechanics.

It's GPL v2, so if you distribute, you either have to include source
(probably easiest) or make it available on request to anyone to whom you
distribute.

Possibilities would be:
1) include as part of main download, and always resort to this version.
2) at runtime, check for availability, and if not found either
  a) divert to already downloaded local version, or
  b) download only if needed
3) require user to have it installed

Also, download could be from you, or it could be from their own website.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462