Merging PDF files through LC

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Oct 1 10:40:53 EDT 2014

The easy way to do this is to assemble an FDF data file. I have already done this in my Forms Generator application. First, I export the form data. To get all the fields even the empty ones you have to create a javascript action, because the built in data export only exports fields with data in them, but the javascript command has an argument for overcoming this. Next you configure your PDF to read the FDF file when it opens. Finally you figure out how to manipulate the data file so you can fill in the field data.

My Forms Generator does all of that for me now. But there is a way I was playing with, on the Mac only so far, to tell Applescript to tell Acrobat to run a javascript, in which case you can do anything their Acrobat Javascript API allows in the given security context.

Bob S