Tracking openStack

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sun Nov 30 15:40:58 EST 2014

Thanks Mark and Richard, I think I have found what is happening.

I made a copy of my Plugins folder, deleted all the files from the original
plugins folder then started moving each of my plugins back into the
original Plugins folder one at a time, running LC each time.

As an aside, it would be nice to have a command to refresh the plugins list
so no need to keep quitting and restarting LC.

As soon as I moved my plugin that opens the library stack into the plugins
folder, lo and behold, the library file showed up in the Application
browser even though the plugin is configured to open when I select it from
the plugins menu.

However, it wasn't showing in the message box "Stacks In Use" tab so my
plugin is not opening it with its "start using" command.

After prowling around, I think I see what's happening.  My plugin has an
entry in its stackFiles property which refers to the library stack.  It
shouldn't be there so I got got rid of it, saved the plugin, stopped and
started LC and the library stack no longer turns up until I open my Plugin.

I'm pretty sure that the IDE plugins mechanism opens every plugin at
startup to get hold of the various plugin parameters that are stored in
them and it locks messages while it is doing that.  However, it seems that
locking messages does not prevent it from opening any stack files that are
referenced in the stackFiles property of any of the plugins and that's how
my library stack was opened.

I think I will enter a QCC report about this.  The IDE is locking messages
to make sure no openxxx/preOpenxxx messages are triggered when it opens the
plugin stacks so seems like it should also prevent any stackFiles from
being opened.

Mostly, I'm just gad to have figured out what was going on!

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>