Detecting the active monitor under Mavericks and Yosemite...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Nov 26 15:17:29 EST 2014

On 11/26/2014 12:06 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Paul-
>
> Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 1:35:12 PM, you wrote:
>
>> so on and so on, I was hoping someone on the list had already done this
>> and definitively knew the answer :-)
> I can confirm that the screenrects returns the same thing no matter
> which monitor is forward, and no matter where the menubar or the doc
> are situated (on Yosemite at least).

Thanks Mark.

That pretty much says that there is no support (yet) in LC for the
multiple monitor changes under OXS 10.9 and 10.10. I'll try to dig into
the Apple Developer info and see if some API exists to tell and if so
submit an enhancement request to RunRev to add an interface to the APIs
so that this is detectable/reportable in the future.