OT: Need help with Indiegogo, Twitter, Facebook etc.

Simon Smith hello at simonsmith.co
Tue Nov 25 15:52:45 EST 2014

Hi Rick

If you are new to social media, I would suggest choosing a platform and
getting use to it and then looking at the others.

Personally I would start with Facebook,and setting up a fan page and maybe
Twitter, and take it from there. Facebook has by far the biggest audience.
I would not suggest buying likes, tweet or any type of followers. It's
pretty much a waste of money.

That said, I would suggest having a website (even if its a free blog, but
get a domain name) and channeling people there and collecting email
addresses but as you already have the campaign running - its probably not
feasible.

Advertising on Facebook can be very cost effective, so long as you pay
attention to conversion rates. It's pretty easy to run yourself aswell and
you can channel people to directly to your indigogo campaign. I would start
off reaching out to family and friends and asking them to share your page /
campaign. As it takes a bit of time to grow ones following, you may have to
look at spending a bit on advertising.

You shouldn't need any software to start off with, though you could look at
Hootsuite and Buffer is also a good alternative.

I think what contributed the most to the success of the RunRev's success
with their campaigns is that they already had a large base of interested
and engaged customers that they could leverage (especially for the 2nd
campaign where they ran it themselves. The first campaign also got quiet a
bit of coverage on a variety of sites (if I remember correctly), which
always helps.

If you want to market yourself, or pretty much anything, then the more
people you are connected with the better :). If you are planning on future
campaigns etc, then I would suggest keeping your accounts going and work on
growing your followers.

http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/ is a great website for getting the most
of social media.

Kind Regards