Comparison of Speed of LiveCode with PHP

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 03:18:37 EST 2014

Geoff

Thanks for your input.

I think you are correct that the memory access comparison isn’t fair. I don’t have time right now but I’ll try to come up with a better comparison.

I’m not convinced that the file comparison is fair. If LiveCode is appending the data to the file rather than overwriting the existing data then it is at a disadvantage. I’ll look a little deeper into this aspect too, once I get the time.

Regards

Peter