shared group loses buttons & scripts when changing cards

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Nov 24 13:44:26 EST 2014

On 11/24/2014, 11:48 AM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> I have a group in one of my stacks that the user will never see for
> maintenance.  It has a slider to slip through pieces of forms, and a couple
> of maintenance buttons.
>
> I tried to change a script on a button a couple of times yesterday, and it
> kept going back to the prior form, or even *using* the prior form (some of
> this seems related to switching cards).  If I open the script, I get a *new*
> tab in the editor, even though the old tab (with the revised cod) is live.
>
> Today I tried deleting the troublesome button--and it comes back when I
> change cards.
>
> sharedBehavior and backgroundBehavior are both true for this group.
>
> Is there a property that should account for what I'm seeing?

The symptoms sound like the button(s) aren't really in a group, they are
at the card level. Or alternately, there are copies of the group on
different cards rather than a single group being placed on multiple
cards. If either case is true, editing one will open a new editor tab
(because it's a different object,) and deleting one won't delete it from
other cards.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com