the weight of an app

John john at onechip.com
Sat Nov 22 16:24:18 EST 2014

Might there be something else going on?  I made a simple stack (couple of buttons and a field that don’t do much) and compiled it as a standalone using LC6.7 and LC7.0.1 RC2.

The Finder shows the version compiled in LC7.0.1 RC2. is 12.9 MB while the version compiled in LC6.7 is 5.6MB.  By my math that is a difference of 7.3 MB which is presumably do to the unicode library.  The difference seen by Alain is 26.9 MB.

I have no idea why but it seems as if there is an additional 19.6 MB of something other than the unicode library.  I have no idea what it is.  It seems like a lot of extra bytes even if all of text in his app now takes multiple bytes to store.  Is image storage less efficient in LC7?

My 2 Cents,
John