LC Server on DreamHost?

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sat Nov 22 10:54:10 EST 2014

On 11/21/2014 01:56 PM, Phil Davis wrote:
>> the speed of loading
>> is TERRIBLE with the 7.0.1 LC Linux server. It takes 4.5 seconds for
>> LC to
>> 'execute' a simple page every time. It's not about DNS and a PHP page on
>> the same site loads immediately by comparison.

>> Is this possibly related to other slowdowns in the desktop versions?

Unless there is a problem specific to the 64 bit engine it seems more
likely related to some issue with the DreamHost setup. The script that
Phil provides in his bug report shows similar nearly instantaneous
execution times for 6.1.2, 6.5.1 and 7.0.0 served from the same (32 bit)
machine at WebFaction:

<http://warren.ws/newtest.lc> (6.1.2)
<http://warrensweb.us/newtest.lc> (6.5.1)
<http://asom.net/newtest.lc> (7.0.0)

I do have a simple test script with a repeat loop and a list sort that
takes @ 4 times as long to execute with 7.0.0 as it does with earlier
versions, but Phil's script doesn't show anything like the same problem
here as it does on his DreamHost server.

Warren