Printing cuts off all fields at 12 characters.

Richard Maring maring.richard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 18:00:53 EST 2014

I've exhausted all the information I can find online so I'm hoping some has
run into this before and can help me with it.

I am trying to create a printout in my stack.

I created a new card, put one label in the center and put "this is my test
print" into it's content.

I then created a button and put the following script from LiveCode Sample
Scripts: "Printing All the Fields on a Card"

on mouseUp
   printAllFields
end mouseUp

   on printAllFields
    local tField, tCollectedFields
    repeat with tField = 1 to the number of fields
        ## collect data in the tCollectedFields variable
        put "<p><b>" & the short name of field tField \
            & colon & "</b></p>" \
            & the htmlText of field tField after tCollectedFields
    end repeat
    answer tCollectedFields
    ## print the variable
    revShowPrintDialog false, true
    revPrintText tCollectedFields
end printAllFields

The "answer tCollectedFields" shows all of the text.

I hit the "button" to print and I get a dialog box, choose my printer and
it prints ouit the following:

Label
this is my t

No matter what I have tried it will only print the first 12 characters of
any field or label.

I added images to the card and did another script to print the card itself,
and the images printed, the text was formatted and in the right place, but
only the first portion of the text prints, the rest is cutoff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Richard Maring