the weight of an app

Alain Vezina alain.vezina at logilangue.com
Fri Nov 21 15:30:51 EST 2014

I sent an app for iPad to the App Store on last July and it’s weight was of 15.5 MG. It was made with LC 6.6.2.

I prepare a new version of the same app, in which I add nothing, but with LC 7.0.1 rc2 for it runs with iOS 8. This time, it’s weight is 42.4 MG. On my tests, it takes between 16 and 29 seconds before the splash screen disappears, depending on the device. So it is too long for I offer this new version to my clients.

Why the weight of an app is more than the double of what it was before?

Anybody has experimented the same problem? Anybody has found a solution?

Is it a bug?

Alain Vézina, directeur
Logilangue
514-596-1385