LC Server on DreamHost?

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Fri Nov 21 13:05:49 EST 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com
> wrote:

> Is it necessary to declare special handling for PHP when declaring special
> handling for other file types?  I'd thought PHP support was a given on DH's
> shared hosting accounts, handled in Apache2.config at the server level.

I think that relationship had changed with the Ubuntu upgrade. For some
reason, with the previous setup - when I did the addhandlers for just the
livecode, the php wouldn't work any more on the same domain. I got the
impression that a local htaccess file would over ride the global php
setting. Also the previous setup seemed to be sensitive to the 'fast cgi'
setting. I would still love to have only one installation of LIvecode for
all my domains but apparently impossible using the htaccess methods. So I
had to do the 'fix' a lot of times.

My sites are working now but there is still an issue - the speed of loading
is TERRIBLE with the 7.0.1 LC Linux server. It takes 4.5 seconds for LC to
'execute' a simple page every time. It's not about DNS and a PHP page on
the same site loads immediately by comparison.

see my test page that compares the two  <a ref="
http://media.barncard.com/php-lc-test.html">HERE</a>

Is this possibly related to other slowdowns in the desktop versions?

*--*
*Stephen Barncard - San Francisco Ca. USA - Deeds Not Words*