How to duplicate a stack that has a data grid template substack ?

André Bisseret andre.bisseret at wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 21 03:40:26 EST 2014

Le 21 nov. 2014 à 01:20, Trevor DeVore a écrit :

> On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 11:46 AM, André Bisseret <andre.bisseret at wanadoo.fr>
> wrote:
>

>> My new problem is:
>> How to duplicate a model stack that has a data grid template substack ?
>> I need to be able to open the stacks of two different years.
>> But they will have a same substack (same data grid template).
>> Is it possible to change the name of a template without disturbing its
>> behavior ?
>>

> Why not move the data grid template substack to a different mainstack that
> you aren't duplicating? Or maybe make the template substack a mainstack? As
> long as the data grid template stack is loaded into memory at the same time
> OR before the stack(s) containing the data grid, everything will work.
>
> --
> Trevor DeVore
> ScreenSteps
> www.screensteps.com    -    www.clarify-it.com

Thanks a lot Trevor for your answer an suggestions; I am very glad to become aware of these two useful possibilities.
I can easily move the template to another mainstack which is alway open first and keep staying when the app. is used.

By the way, do you confirm that if I need several data grids on the same card I must get a data grid template stack?

Up to now, when I need one data grid on a card, I usually get it by copy (copy group "DataGrid" of group "Templates" of stack "revDataGridLibrary" to this card) and then, if necessary, I copy it on other cards.
It is the first time I tried several data grids on the same card.

Thank you much again

André