Meaningful and verbose error messages in LiveCode

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 16:17:18 EST 2014

You can set up a stack called, for instance "ERRORS" with a field called
"ERRS"
and a button with this script:

on mouseUp
    put the cErrorsList of card 1 of stack "revErrorDisplay" into fld
"ERRS" of stack "ERRORS"
end mouseUp

what is interesting is that the resulting list contains quite a few
empty lines.

You can then muck around with the lines:

For instance I changed "acos: domain error to "acos: domain mistake"

HOWEVER, when I tried this:

put fld "ERRS" of stack "ERRORS" into cErrorsList of card 1 of stack
"revErrorDisplay"

and this:

put the lines of fld "ERRS" of stack "ERRORS" into cErrorsList of card 1
of stack "revErrorDisplay"

I got an error message.

So, what I really need to know is how to access cErrorsList

especially as the Application browser does not let me open the
revErrorDisplay stack
and I can find no customProp called cErrorsList.

Richmond.