Meaningful and verbose error messages in LiveCode

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 12:58:34 EST 2014

On 19/11/14 19:52, Alejandro Tejada wrote:
> Recently, Richmond wrote:
>
>> Fantastic news:
> http://livecode.com/blog/2014/11/18/markingdown-the-user-guide/
>
> This blog post describes the work in progress
> to include LiveCode User Guide in GitHub.
>
> Now, I wonder if, in the same way,
> Could we edit error messages in Livecode IDE
> to make them more meaningful and verbose?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Al

In an ideal world (which, in case you don't know; this is not)
an Open Source project should be 100% open; meaning we can
edit everything . . .

. . . However, as Chairman Mao discovered, once he allowed criticism
he opened a great big can of worms, and we all know how that ended . . .

The problem has to be, if universal editability is implemented, how
everything is collated and which edits take precedence over which edits:

unless, of course, we are going to end up with 500 variant versions of
LiveCode Open Source; resulting in such a web of confusion that there
will be no real benefit at all; quite the reverse in fact.

Richmond.