Running Apache Under Yosemite

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Nov 18 14:41:35 EST 2014

Gregory Lypny wrote:
 > I have been happily running LiveCode server under Mavericks and am
 > soon going to upgrade to Yosemite. Can I continue to use the same
 > modified httpd.conf file that worked under Mavericks?

According to this blog the upgrade should allow you to use your old
config, but it will replace it with a new one - this includes
instructions on finding and restoring the old config:
<http://brianflove.com/2013/10/23/os-x-mavericks-and-apache/>

If this is for personal use for testing (local host only, no open ports)
the security aspects probably don't matter much, but Apple ships with an
outdated version of Apache which has known security issues, so you'll
need to manually update it for anything exposed to the Internet:

<https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6363411>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems