LC Server on DreamHost?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Nov 17 14:39:36 EST 2014

Scott Rossi wrote:
 > I know there was some discussion recently about getting LiveCode
 > server working again on DreamHost now that they¹ve updated to
 > Ubuntu.  Can anyone shed some light on what¹s needed here?  I
 > believe Richard Gaskin said something about using v7 64bit but
 > I only see one download option in my LC account that appears
 > to be LC Server 6.6.1.

The Commercial-licensed version of LC Server available through your
for.  If you have a v7 Commercial license but don't see the v7 Server
there, drop a note to Support to find out why (it shows in my account).

That said, unless you're distributing proprietary server apps you
probably don't need the Commercial Edition of LiveCode Server.  The
Community LiveCode Server can be used on your own server without the
need to share server-side code, since you're not distributing the server
software itself when users browse your site.

The Community Edition of Server and others is available here:
<http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems