[ANN] - MaterLibrary Version 8 is available

Michael Doub mikedoub at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 12:41:34 EST 2014

I will be happy to add to the library.   Just send contributions to me
off list and I will be happy to integrate them in and push a release.

I seem to always find something to tinker with.   I found and fixed a
few more bugs this morning, as you might expect just AFTER I made a
version available.   So I added a new version check when the stack
opens.  Now I can slide in updates without polluting the list with
announcement messages.   I also enhanced the view code logic so the
selected handler is always visible.

I am not sure that I totally understand your comment about appending to
the topic list.   If you mean the topics that are the first level of the
tree view, they are nothing more than phrases picked up from the
stylized comments in the btn "Lib":

/* xxx yyy
Syntax:
Examples:
Source:
xxx */
/* Include
*/

yyy is the part that you called the topic.   It is really all words
after the xxx.

I thought of something similar to the approach that you suggested when I
was looking at the different ways to address the dependencies.   I
really wanted to automate that but I just don't have the compiler
building skills to put together a livecode parser that could do it
reliably.  Language parsers, another of the many things I would like to
better understand.   I ended up doing it the ol' brute force way.  Not
elegant, but it works.

Regards,
    Mike