a substack ignoring both its behavior and script

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 15:22:24 EST 2014

This stubstack is now doing this on two computers, and under 7.0-RC1 and
-RC2.

It has had a behavior for a long time, under 5.5 and continued working
under 7.0.

I edited it this morning, and now it is not only ignoring the behavior, but
it's own script if I give it one (i.e., an openCard handler with
"breakpoint")

Ultimately, I created a new button to hold the behavior, copied all of the
cards to a new substack, changed away the names of the old stack & button,
quit, restarted, and changed the names of the new ones to what the old had
been, and finally had things working again.

But those stupid PCDs are driving me nuts; I have to reset them *every*
time I edit the script, or they don't stop.  They seem far worse then under
7.0.0 (which I had been accidentally using), where they worked more often
than not, but were still unstable and frequently needed to be reset, far
more than under 5.5.

And I'm still seeing the freezing of the editor window for 10-30 seconds
ater having made a couple of changes.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462