hair-pulling frustration

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Nov 14 13:38:13 EST 2014

On 11/14/2014, 11:58 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> My feeling is that something changed in the message box parsing routines
> and the semicolon is being taken as a separator between two statements.

A semicolon in any script is interpreted as a line ending, except when
within quotation marks. If the example failed (where the semicolon is
within the quotes) then that would be a problem with the scripts that
interpret the message box content.

That said, it is very tricky to implement code correctly in all cases
from the message box because of the "do" statements and other
contortions it needs to use. Ideally, tests should always be conducted
from the script editor where the intermediate interpretive layer isn't
present.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com