hair-pulling frustration

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Thu Nov 13 16:14:39 EST 2014

Neil,

With user input and Richard's moderating this thread has started to bear
some fruit. After writing HW diagnostics for years I know how challenging is
to come with thorough testing scenarios. I don't know what your QC process
for databases is but might I suggest using challenging queries. I would be
happy to set up a stack to test them along with the DBs. For example:

SELECT Table1.*, Table2.*,Table3.* FROM Table1 LEFT JOIN Table2 ON
Table1.Designation = Table2.Designation LEFT JOIN Table3 ON Table1.State =
Table3.State AND Table1.County = Table3.County WHERE (Table3.Region = 'Foo')

or

ATTACH DATABASE "Table3.db" AS Table3DB
SELECT Table3.*,Table1.* from Table3DB.Table3 JOIN Table1 ON Table3.CourseID
= Table1.CourseID JOIN Table2 ON Table2.County = Table1.County AND
Table2.State = Table1.State WHERE (Table3.Favorite or Table3.frog <> '')

Mr. Haworth and all you other DB gurus out there, what other testing
scenarios do think should be included in the RR DB QC process?

The way I look at it the more we help RR the more we help ourselves.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net