Keyboard Shortcuts in Menus

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Tue Nov 11 10:51:15 EST 2014

Question 1:
The & only works for Windows, where menus can be triggered with the keyboard. The character after the & will be the one to trigger, and it'll be shown underlined. You can choose any char in a word, it doesn't need to be the first one, and the premade ones are chosen as per Windows human interface guidelines (for example T being the trigger for 'Cut', or R for 'Clear').

Question 2:
I'm not sure, but one thing to note is that if you change menus, you of course also need to change scripts, for them to actually do anything useful. So if you change "quit" to "exit", you need to accommodate for that in the script. For example if you use the "Auto Script" feature of the menu builder:

--The following menuPick handler was generated by the Menu Builder.
on menuPick pWhich
   switch pWhich
      case "New"
         --Insert script for New menu item here
         break
-- some parts removed here for example purposes
      case "Quit"
-- just add this line here for exit to do the same as quit:
      case "Exit"
         --Insert script for Quit menu item here
         break
   end switch