Setting the Unicode text of a field from JSON converted to array

Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Nov 11 00:49:39 EST 2014

Can someone enlighten me on the

/r/n/r/n

that appear in the unicode string that is being delivered (by a PHP
database access lib/api that we post to from this desktop app)

These are obviously two new lines, the break between verses of the
song... but how do they mix and match with the unicode? Understood
somehow as "low-level" unicode? If I unescape the whole string...
(remove all the slashes) I think I need to leave this in... right?