scrollbars for a stack?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 12:13:45 EST 2014

My application generates pdf full pages (it has to; the forms are specified
by the courts, and the program is to prepare them)

Some of the text can be small (remember, I can't change that!), so I have
coded to use scaleFactor to allow zooming.  On even a 15" screen, this will
rapidly create a stack taller than the screen.  In other cases, someone
might simply want to zoom yet use less screenspace.

Currently, the rendering is done by placing the groups on card 1 of the
output stack.  It would seem simpler to simply slap scrollbars onto the
stack, and let the user scroll when desired--but this doesn't seem to be a
supported feature of livecode, unless I've missed something.

The cleanest (least dirty?) way I see to achieve this at the moment is to
create yet another group containing all of my display groups, and resize
that group each time the window resizes.

Or is there a better way?
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462