[OT?] Legitimising a developer as a 'publisher' in Windows 7

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Mon Nov 3 18:19:59 EST 2014

That's how it is with my provider - and with signcode.exe I have to manually
add the timestamp (it sounds like some other tools to it automatically if
it's a 'one click operation') - not a big deal to do it manually though,
just something to make sure about...

Bob Sneidar-2 wrote
> Wait, that is a show stopper. Does this mean that I have to keep the cert
> active otherwise the app will stop working or start popping up an alert?
>
> Bob S
>

> On Nov 3, 2014, at 12:39 , Dave Kilroy <

> dave@

> <mailto:

> dave@

> >> wrote:
>
> Dave
>
> PS: I guess if you renew your code signing certificate before it expires
> that the certificate on the file will continue to be recognised by
> verisign
> (or whoever) and thus continue to be recognised as valid by Microsoft UAC

-----
"Some are born coders, some achieve coding, and some have coding thrust upon them." - William Shakespeare & Hugh Senior