Progress info from wget or curl?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 11:01:04 EST 2014

I found Mark Smith's old website.
http://www.webring.org/l/rd?ring=runtimerevoluti1;id=15;url=http%3A%2F%2Fmarksmith%2Eon-rev%2Ecom%2Frevstuff%2F

You could have a look at how he uses "open process" in that (AFAIR in order
to get feedback from the curl process, he writes to files and reads the
results from them).

Alternatively, I found I have a copy of Andre's RocketsCurl, where he made
calls to curl using shell() (from the old email where I found this
discussed, it was using curl to get round the absence of libURL in the old
CGI engine).  I've never used Andre's implementation, but I'd be surprised
if he was ignoring the responses from curl.

Bernard