[OT?] Legitimising a developer as a 'publisher' in Windows 7

tbodine bodine at bodinetraininggames.com
Sun Nov 2 11:56:24 EST 2014

Hi,

Yes, codesigning on Windows is what you need. It used to be a bigger PITA,
but it's easier now -- and easier than Apple's approach to codesgining -- if
you use the company Guglielmo mentioned for a discounted certificate and the
free codesigning tool, ksign, that they provide. I have used ksoftware for
many years. What makes me a loyal customer is if you have any trouble the
owner of the company jumps right in to help.

One other thing on Windows... if your installer requires Administrator
Rights to install, then that gives your application a higher level of trust
by Windows. (Translation: Fewer nuisance messages for the user.)

Good luck!
Tom Bodine