card id not valid

FlexibleLearning.com admin at FlexibleLearning.com
Sat Nov 1 09:20:59 EDT 2014

I can only suggest the obvious...

- Double-check the id against the inspector using the message box: "put the
id of this cd", "put there is a cd id [xxxx]" etc

- Re-launch LC in case of digital indigestion

- Revert to backup and move the cards using number rather than cut/paste

- Worst case scenario, manually set re-set the card ids using "set the id of
this cd to xxxx", but can be error prone without extreme caution!

At least you have a backup so not all is lost, which is good.

Hugh Senior
FLCo

Friedrich F. Grohmann <ffgrohmann at gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for your response.

So far, indeed, I've reshuffled the cards by setting the number and never
had a problem. This strange situation arose when I wrote a script to move a
larger number of cards to the end of the stack and then tried to reconnect
the moved cards by their new ids to a button script. The really weird part
is that in a number of cases it works more or less, but for other cards the
id shown in the card inspector is not recognized at all.

I have copies of the stack, so not everything is lost, but I just wonder how
such a scenario is possible and whether the situation could be remedied.

Thanks,
Fritz