Setting a behavior in the IDE

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri May 30 01:17:57 EDT 2014

On 5/29/2014, 10:40 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Dar-
>
> Thursday, May 29, 2014, 5:42:44 PM, you wrote:
>
>> Is there an easy way to set a behavior in the IDE?
>
> No. The message box is your friend.

I have wished so often that there was some other way. So I started
thinking about it after Dar asked, but I can't think of a good way to do
it. I was going down the road where we'd shift-select two objects and
have a contextual menu that would assign the first one as a behavior to
the second. But that would not only get confusing and be error prone, it
would be impossible if the two objects weren't on the same card.

So I thought maybe we could click some gizmo in the property inspector
that would list everything in the stack and ask us to choose a behavior
object. But if there were more than a few controls that's unweildy and
building the list for a large stack would be time consuming. And what if
the behavior button is in a different stack?

So I think I know why we're stuck with the message box.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com