Quitting with the close box on Mac

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed May 28 22:38:21 EDT 2014

On 5/28/2014, 6:51 PM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:
> Just imagine, never hitting save, but always having a save of every
> change you ever made within the stack itself, without cluttering your
> disk and filesystem with dozens of saves

Like HyperCard did. I was never so glad to get rid of auto-save as when
I started with the MC/LC engine. I always tinker and make mistakes and
mess around until I get something working and then I save it. HC saved
every little thing, which made it impossible to revert to your last
stable version if you've made a mess of things. I don't want all my
experimental fluff saved.

That said, there's an auto-save plugin (RevSmartSave) that ships with LC
for those who want it.

I find Mavericks auto-save pretty useless actually. When you go back
into their time machine interface you can only see the first page of the
document (and nothing at all for many types of files.) If your changes
aren't visible on that first page, there is no way to tell which one of
those dozens of copies is the one you're looking for. Looking through
them in Finder is a little easier, at least for some file types you can
page through the document in QuickLook.

I wouldn't mind having a QuickLook for stacks.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com