7.0.0 dp 5

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Mon May 26 00:55:08 EDT 2014

On 05/25/2014 11:35 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> That's what the "dp" and "rc" designations are for, but it would probably be more clear if there was a statement on the page explaining what those mean, along with appropriate caveats.  Final releases should be clearly marked as stable.

We're discussing the difference between releases which have been
announced and versions which have been uploaded to the release directory
before they have actually been given all final checks, not the
difference between dp, rc and gm versions.

The process which sometimes results in improperly functioning builds or
installers being publicly available prior to their actual finalization
and announcement has been discussed in the past and explained by the
devs, who have suggested that the system was being looked at with an eye
to fixing this.

But, I agree that a note on the download page, along the lines you
suggest, would be a good idea :)

Warren