7.0.0 dp 5

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun May 25 14:08:19 EDT 2014

On 25/05/14 20:56, Warren Samples wrote:
> On 05/25/2014 11:52 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:
>> or wait for an actual release announcement.
>

> Mark,
>
> If we assume this is a mislabeled dp4, I suppose it's possible there
> are problems resolved in the actual dp5 that we can't experience just
> yet, but the issues he's talking about here have plagued him for a few
> releases and do not exist on my system. This is troublesome from many
> perspectives. This, along with other issues experience by Linux users
> lately, does suggest a simple solution to identify dependency issues
> for Linux would be highly useful.
>
> Release announcements have not been entirely consistent, with at least
> one recent release being announced on one list much earlier than on
> the other, and I am in agreement with those who think RunRev needs to
> find a better solution to pre-staging than the current implementation
> if we need to be cautious about downloading what are publicly linked
> versions.
>
> I have no interest whatsoever in the headaches of attempting to build
> from source, thank you very much.

Well; if you really want to "Pile on the fun" try doing it on Linux PPC.

I don't understand why everything I have ever built from source has
turned out a workable product
at the end; except for Livecode, that just seems to throw dependency
requests and all sorts of
other things around.

Best stick with the builds from the download page.

Richmond.