7.0.0 dp 5

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sun May 25 13:56:30 EDT 2014

On 05/25/2014 11:52 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> or wait for an actual release announcement.

Mark,

If we assume this is a mislabeled dp4, I suppose it's possible there are
problems resolved in the actual dp5 that we can't experience just yet,
but the issues he's talking about here have plagued him for a few
releases and do not exist on my system. This is troublesome from many
perspectives. This, along with other issues experience by Linux users
lately, does suggest a simple solution to identify dependency issues for
Linux would be highly useful.

Release announcements have not been entirely consistent, with at least
one recent release being announced on one list much earlier than on the
other, and I am in agreement with those who think RunRev needs to find a
better solution to pre-staging than the current implementation if we
need to be cautious about downloading what are publicly linked versions.

I have no interest whatsoever in the headaches of attempting to build
from source, thank you very much.

Warren