Handler is being ignored: Why? SOLVED

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Sat May 24 08:46:57 EDT 2014

On 5/23/2014 4:18 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 5/23/2014, 2:09 PM, Paul Dupuis wrote:
>> Does the order backscripts are inserted matter? thisCommand is actually
>> also in a backscript that is inserted BEFORE the script containing
>> "thatCommand"?
>
> The order does matter, it's always best not to give two handlers the
> same name.

Jaque hit the problem right on the head - two handlers of the same name
- although Dar was on the right track with his check on whether the
handler was a built in command! Thank you all.

It turned out I had loaded Trevor's ExtendedQT externals which has its
own qtSetSelection handler and hence I did have 2 handlers of the same
name "qtSetSelection". Since the ExtendedQT library was loaded after my
backscript it's version of "qtSetSelection" was what got called and as
an external, could not be stepped into by the debugger (the behavior
that was confusing me).

Again, thank you to all for the suggestions and help!