UPDATE: Make stack close itself

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed May 21 11:31:24 EDT 2014

Thanks Devin, but none of my substacks are library stacks. If I use library stacks they are always standalone stacks.

Bob

On May 21, 2014, at 08:10 , Devin Asay <devin_asay at byu.edu<mailto:devin_asay at byu.edu>> wrote:

On May 20, 2014, at 11:15 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com<mailto:jacque at hyperactivesw.com>>
wrote:

On 5/20/2014, 9:41 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
NVM my NVM. I passed all the closeStack messages as well as the
closeStackRequest messages. Stack still will not close.

If you are trying to not just close the stack but also remove it from memory, I hit a similar problem with a series of converted HC stacks I'm working on. Several stacks are open at once and some simply will not delete. I thought it was due to the HC conversion but maybe it's a new bug. I'm doing this in LC 6.6.1.

I've tried these things, none of which remove the stack from RAM:

In the message box: close this stack -- closes but doesn't delete
In the message box: delete this stack
Choose "Close and remove from memory" in the File menu
Right-click the stack in the app browser and choose "close and remove from memory"

Sometimes some of the set will remove themselves but one in particular never will. Sometimes if I issue "delete this stack" repeatedly in the message box (3 or 4 times) it finally does go away. Sometimes I have to quit LC.

Not only that, but I'm getting odd responses from LC where it thinks there are two (or more) copies in RAM. I only opened one. But if I choose "go to definition" in the script editor, it asks me which stack it should find the definition in and offers two identical script paths. Sometimes I'll edit a script and apply, and the editor tells me I've changed the script elsewhere and which copy do I want to save?

Confounded. Since hardly anyone converts HC stacks any more, I thought it was just something to do with that and I'd live with it. But maybe it's related to your issue. You don't happen to have 2 copies of the stack open, do you? What version of LC are you running?

Jacque and Bob,

I've noticed that sometimes if I'm using library stacks the stack can't be removed from memory. Could that be the case here?

Devin

Devin Asay
Learn to code with LiveCode University
http://university.livecode.com<http://university.livecode.com/>