UPDATE: Make stack close itself

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed May 21 01:15:06 EDT 2014

On 5/20/2014, 9:41 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> NVM my NVM. I passed all the closeStack messages as well as the
> closeStackRequest messages. Stack still will not close.

If you are trying to not just close the stack but also remove it from
memory, I hit a similar problem with a series of converted HC stacks I'm
working on. Several stacks are open at once and some simply will not
delete. I thought it was due to the HC conversion but maybe it's a new
bug. I'm doing this in LC 6.6.1.

I've tried these things, none of which remove the stack from RAM:

In the message box: close this stack -- closes but doesn't delete
In the message box: delete this stack
Choose "Close and remove from memory" in the File menu
Right-click the stack in the app browser and choose "close and remove
from memory"

Sometimes some of the set will remove themselves but one in particular
never will. Sometimes if I issue "delete this stack" repeatedly in the
message box (3 or 4 times) it finally does go away. Sometimes I have to
quit LC.

Not only that, but I'm getting odd responses from LC where it thinks
there are two (or more) copies in RAM. I only opened one. But if I
choose "go to definition" in the script editor, it asks me which stack
it should find the definition in and offers two identical script paths.
Sometimes I'll edit a script and apply, and the editor tells me I've
changed the script elsewhere and which copy do I want to save?

Confounded. Since hardly anyone converts HC stacks any more, I thought
it was just something to do with that and I'd live with it. But maybe
it's related to your issue. You don't happen to have 2 copies of the
stack open, do you? What version of LC are you running?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com