Multimedia on MacOS

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat May 17 09:52:59 EDT 2014

On 17/05/14 16:17, Terence Heaford wrote:
> I have not confused anything, I am simply talking about the LiveCode developer base to which I believe Richard Gaskin was referring.
>
> My question is simply related to a very small developer base of 11% Mac.

I wonder what the real proportions are of people developing on Mac,
Windows and Linux, and
how one could accurately gauge that.

> I haven’t raised capitalism nor Karl Marx, what has capitalism or Karl Marx got to do with my question?
Possibly more than you realise. Marx's "stuff" has informed almost
everybody's way of thinking, like it
or not.

> Are you making assumptions about me?

No: Terence; that was not aimed at you. It was aimed at the generally
held belief that all people who
are not working for some charity and or NGO are somehow selfish types
who don't really care about
their customers.

>   or
>
> Are all capitalists and Karl Marx part of the 11% Mac LiveCode developer base?
>
> I raised a simple question which you have elevated to a RANT.

I was banging on about something that really got my goat: I do not think
the people at RunRev
are

"When all said and done, they are in it for the money."

Because life is not so simplistic.

> Good luck with that because I have no intention of joining you.
>
> Perhaps you would like to compare the UK NHS with Private Medicine in the USA?
Sounds fun.

> You would surely be able to get a good RANT out of that. (I await your enlightenment on this subject)

Yo!

> All the best
>
> Terry

The only real sadness, Terence, is that we are sitting in different
countries,
so we cannot go out to the pub and "fight things out" over a glass of beer.

Best, Richmond.