Multimedia on MacOS

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat May 17 05:48:36 EDT 2014

On 17/05/14 09:54, Terence Heaford wrote:
> I was reading the above blog on LiveCode’s site:
>
> http://livecode.com/blog/2014/05/15/multimedia-on-macos/
>
> and noted this comment from Richard Gaskin.
>
> "Can you describe how this new player helps the process toward similar feature parity for the other 89% of our customers running Windows and Linux?”
>
> Is it true that only 11% of LiveCode’s user base use Mac?

That is not what you have to worry about.

What you do have to worry about is how many of the end-users of your
standalone
are using whichever operating system.

. . . There's not much point getting all hot and sweaty about media
delivery on one particular
operating system if a very small percentage of your clients are going to
use that operating system,
while most of them are going to be using a quite different one . . .

Let's call the above a paraphrase of your quote from Richard Gaskin.

AND; quite frankly, I wonder why "anybody" is trying to make a media
player for Livecode
that will only finction on one operating system, when Livecode's
greatest strength is
"develop once and eploy on many systems".

Richmond.