IDE oddities (was Re: Error Messages Are Evil)

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Fri May 16 18:44:20 EDT 2014

Devin I think you are correct - it's buggy rather than an example of weird
interface design and shouldn't appear on this list.

And for those of you who have never been snagged by Menu Builder this thread
gives examples of the kind of things it can do:
http://forums.runrev.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18547&hilit=menu+builder

Devin Asay wrote
> Wow, I had no idea some folks were having problems like this with the Menu
> Builder. I have always found it solid and reliable. (My experience with
> the Geo Manager, however, has been similar to yours.) So really, this is a
> case not so much of an interface design problem, but of a component that
> doesn't always work as advertised. It might not belong on my list then,
> but definitely worth taking a look at at a utility that needs
> troubleshooting.

-----
"Some are born coders, some achieve coding, and some have coding thrust upon them." - William Shakespeare & Hugh Senior